Tips for Hearing Aid Wearers
Adjusting to new hearing aids can be challenging, especially if you’ve never worn hearing aids before. At EarTech, we will help you with the adjustment period and check-in frequently to make sure you are hearing your best and getting the most out of your hearing aids. Below we’ve gathered some useful tips to make your adjustment period easier, so you can experience the joys of better hearing.
- Wait five minutes before engaging your battery, this will greatly improve your battery life.
- When you are first fit for hearing aids, frequent appointments are crucial for proper adjustments.
- Try wearing your hearing aids as much as possible. However, if you do experience “ear fatigue,” take them out for a brief period of time.
- Do not frequently adjust the volume on your devices. Try setting your devices to a specific volume range that you can get familiar and comfortable with.
- Don’t wear your hearing aids only when you need them. To get the most out of your investment wear them every day so you can adjust to them much quicker.
- Don’t wear your hearing aids in the water. Be sure to take them out when you are in the shower or go swimming.